clowning with clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juice28

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK, I have 2 false percs, the normal orange, both are new(under two weeks in the tank) A buddy of mine is cleaning house and he gave me his black false perc which is considerably bigger than the two I have(mine are about an inch). I didnt want to pass on the free black clown so I took him in. i see alot of posts and articles about people having two but they only got two.. so my question is, can I house 3 clowns together in a 47 gallon tank or...can I add a clown to make it an even 4 so its like 2 pair

If you want, you could rearrange the rock work and catch the 2 clowns in the tank now. Then put all 3 in at once. The black clown is a morph of the false percula and so i don't see a reason they wouldn't get along well. You can also turn the lights off after adding them to settle aggression.

cool, i was curious because i havent heard of people keeping more than 2 clowns, i heard that with three clowns, two will pair and they will kill the loner but i couldnt find any info verifying this so thank you

Back
Top Bottom