Clowns starting to host?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anthonygaliazzo

Aquarium Advice Activist
For the first time today ive seen my clowns show an interest in my elegance coral. They never even aproached it before and tonight, i notice them stareing at it and once in a while entering it and seems to nip at it seeking food.both of my clowns started giving attention to it today and i see them entering the tentecules and rubbing themselves on the body of the elegance and go back out continuing to stare at it. Could this be a first sign of them wanting too host it?

I dont know if my clowns are a couple but i got them from a girl that had them for 1 year. When i first got them, i noticed my smaller clown(which i suspect being the male) doing shaking like he was having convulsions. I heard this is a sign of submission to the female which is usually bigger. During the bigger clownfish is staring at the elegance, the male gets very territorial and nips at any fish getting to near. I am hoping so much they will host my favorite coral what are your thoughts?

And at the moment, the male does a lot of shacking which i had not seens since the past 3-4 weeks. All this is new from tonight, i hope so much they host

They may be getting ready to host, never really can tell what a clown is going to do. If they do keep a close watch on your elegance to make sure it's not getting stressed by the clowns. I had to move my elegance to a different tank when clowns tried to host because it was not happy, and they wouldn't leave it be

Ya there's no guarantee that the elegance will accept the clowns. For instance my elegance was never happy with the clowns, but it will let my yellow clown goby perch on it all day

Back
Top Bottom