CO2 Advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarium 308

Aquarium Advice Activist
Setting up a new 40 gallon breeder tank. Never used co2 for my tanks. Had good luck with liquid co2 and fertilizers on my plants. Ready to take it to the next level. Don't have a lot of money but want something that will be cheap to run. I'm not against the generator containers if they work ok. Any suggestions is appreciated.
Nick

I've heard good things about the aquatek regulators. I've got an azoo and had no issues with it so far. If u can afford it get a GLA reg [emoji106]

You'll also want a drop check. If u don't like bubble mist in your tank then a DIY Griggs or cerges reactor is the way to go. If u don't mind abit of mist then an inline diffuser or glass diffuser is the go [emoji106]

DIY CO2 (either yeast or citric acid based) is an inexpensive method for supplying CO2 in smaller tanks (20g or less). There is a maintenance cost with the basic supplies plus the time it takes to mix fresh batches of reactants.
One interesting combination may be a the use of DIY CO2 with an properly built Cerges or Rex Grigg reactor. These reactors are very efficient and can be operated with less CO2 when compared to diffusers.
Pressurized CO2 will allow for a consistent and controlled amount of CO2. I use a 24 oz paintball tank and average 3-4 months between refills. My CO2 cost is about $15-20 annually.

Back
Top Bottom