CO2 check valves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coyne

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have the special tubing to run CO2, but what about the check valve? Can I use the cheap ones I already have, or do I need to get some new ones?

You can use any cheap check valve. Just make sure it still can stop any back flow. Even the new check valves are like $2 on amazon.

I would suggest the more expensive ones. I've had no luck with cheaper check valves and they all failed within a month of use on my co2 systems.

I found one of these. I ordered it last fall, but didnt use it (at the time) because there was already one built into the regulator (which I hadnt realized when I ordered all the stuff for my first CO2 setup).

S.T. International Aquarium Supplies

There's one built into my other regulator as well, so I probably dont really need it this time either. However, Im going to be splitting the CO2 line this time around and Im thinking it would be nice to have an extra check valve to prevent water from back flowing into the manifold.
So now I think I'll just get another one for the other tube in the split and be set. Might be nice to have a bubble counter for each line anyways. That way I can be sure Im getting equal CO2 on each side.

Back
Top Bottom