co2 diffuser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just make your own dude a lot cheaper.

List of requirements:
Bottle(any size you want but dont go too big, good size is a 20-24oz or smaller.
Power head or water pump
Knife
Airstone
Foam
Tubing
DIY Co2 maker (sugar/yeast one.)

If you want to know how to make it tell me i'm going to post a video up sometime.

Just make your own dude a lot cheaper.

List of requirements:
Bottle(any size you want but dont go too big, good size is a 20-24oz or smaller.
Power head or water pump
Knife
Airstone
Foam
Tubing
DIY Co2 maker (sugar/yeast one.)

If you want to know how to make it tell me i'm going to post a video up sometime.

Thanks,
Yeah I just think the glass diffuser is cute and small to hide in my 14GL tank. This is low light tank so co2 is not a must... :rolleyes:

not that one, but I've used a similiar one. Works ok if you're running pressurized or able to build up enough pressure. Deeper you put it in the tank, the longer contact time you have and better dissolution, but it also takes more pressure to go deeper if you're running DIY.

All in all, not bad for $10, but you won't get 100% diffusion.

I made my own diffuser. I ran my DIY CO2 tube into the cone from a gravel filter. At the bottom of the cone I filled the cone with a sponge bio balls to defuse the c02 and the top of the gravel filter is attached to a water pump pushing water and co2 down through the sponge and bio balls.

IMO those glass diffusers work best on pressurized co2 my DIY set up could not make enough pressure to bubble consistantly wiht the glass diffusers.

Back
Top Bottom