CO2 "kit" to use Paintball tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Batt4Christ

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I read here or elsewhere where someone had put together a CO2 valve/regulator set-up to use 12,16,20, etc paintball tanks. Haven't been able to track it down.

But that all being said, does anyone know o a pre-assembled kit like this? Or someone who has and might be interested in putting one together?

I'm not opposed to putting something together myself if I could find a parts list...

For me at least, getting a paintball tank to work was too much hassle, and almost as expensive as just buying a normal kit. The problem is the regulator, and that the valve for paintball guns is that little spring loaded nub rather than a knob. A regulator should fit, but you'd need something to push the nub in to allow the gas to come out, but why use a co2 tank (9-20oz) when you could get 5-20 lb? I suppose size might be an issue, but otherwise, it generally is better to go for a larger tank.

I bought my 5 lb for like 50$ and my regulator/solenoid for around 65$ but ymmv.

Wowzers- where did you find a solenoid/regulator for that price? I'm seeing $89 as a minimum where I have looked!

The biggest knock against paintball CO2 systems is the cost of refills. Most of the time it's the same price to fill either a 20oz paintball tank or a 5lb cylinder.

Another benefit of the bigger cylinder is the availability of cheaper regulators. Home brewers use CO2 and you can find regulators cheaper through those channels.

This was around 3-4 years ago, and I think it was an auction on ebay from a petstore that was closing.

Back
Top Bottom