CO2 & LED's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wags 22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have supplies on the way, including a "Current USA Satellite Plus LED" to set up my 75 gal tank. I'm going for a heavily planted, natural look. My question is, will my light bar be enough to keep healthy plants without adding a CO2 regulator?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

One of the satellite plus fixtures would be low light on a 75 gallon so it depends on what type of plants you have. Co2 would not be necessary with this light because it only produces 28 par at 18 inches. The width of the tank may be a problem though because I'm not sure if this fixture will give you enough spread to light a 18 inch wide tank. Hopefully someone with this fixture will chime in on the beam angle.

I purchased the 48" fixture which will at least stretch end to end.

I was referring to the width as in front to back sorry for the confusion

Understood. I had thought about purchasing 2 for that very reason. I guess I'll find out.

Yea my concern is that with 2 you might require some type of co2

I would definitely suggest at least two fixtures. The par level will decrease greatly the farther away from the center of the light.

As for needing co2 it's not necessary. I've seen a few high light tanks that were ran on Metricide 14 day sterilizing solution (concentrated cheap version of excel)

Should have said some type if carbon supplementation instead of some type of co2 lol

Back
Top Bottom