Co2 or not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murano22s

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone I'm questioning if I should run a DIY co2 or not. Ok so right now there is a moss ball, baby tears, dwarf grass, and java moss. My ph is 7.2. I have 5 black skirt tetras, 5 adult guppies and a bunch of baby's, 3 neon tetras I may get 3 more bc one sits in the corner I think he wants more to school with, a gold nugget pleco (l177), and a candy stripe pleco. I have a 4x36 t5 lighting system, 3 6400 bulbs was 4 but one blew out. I'm gonna put a 10k if it is suitable but idk that either. I'm new to the planted tank part. I am getting growth but not fast enough. I'm afraid if I add more plants I'll limit growth. Any suggestions on anything here will be greatly appreciated. I'm on a very limited budget. The 10k light would be from a former reef tank.

ejaramillo01 said:
Do you add ferts? root tabs? Liquid C02? such as excel...
I do not. The sand was in the tank from the start didn't add plants for a while I'd say 8 months or so. Is this a good alternative to the DIY setup? If so which is best?

What size tank is this? Are those T5HO or NO?

Your HC and DHG are bothing going to want CO2 if they are to form a decent ground cover.

aqua_chem said:
What size tank is this? Are those T5HO or NO?

Your HC and DHG are bothing going to want CO2 if they are to form a decent ground cover.

Yes ho and 46 bow front

You can try doing DIY CO2, but you'll probably need 2-3 bottles to maintain the levels you want. Are you seeing much in the way of algae yet, or have you not setup the tank yet?

Well I decided to try it with one, if I need to add another bottle I will. If it goes much past that or if I find some money in a ditch or something I'll upgrade to a full setup. We will see I guess.

aqua_chem said:
You can try doing DIY CO2, but you'll probably need 2-3 bottles to maintain the levels you want. Are you seeing much in the way of algae yet, or have you not setup the tank yet?
I already went through the algae problem it was horrible green water lol but water change after water change I did it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom