CO2 setup design question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigdaddycool

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My question can be applied to any pvc setup which has output for water such as canister filters, co2 diy pvc setup etc.

My question is when we push the water from the top to rush down (weather it is for canister filter or co2 setup), the outlet at the bottom, should it be at the very bottom where the end cap is at the end or at the side?

So i am attaching 2 pics, which one you think would be more efficient (just from where the water comes from), the 2nd picture where the water comes from the bottom or first picture where water comes from the side? I personally like the setup in first picture, cause it is easy to make the pipe stand by itself.

Attachments

• reactor_2_tb.jpg
    reactor_2_tb.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 43
  • diy6.jpg
    diy6.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 42
My RG was set up the same as your first spec, and it worked fine. Really, it shouldn't matter that much, as at that level there shouldn't be any bubbles. There's probably a hydrodynamics answer about which one creates the least drag, but it's probably mostly an academic question at that point.

Back
Top Bottom