Colorful Beginner Coral Species?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishluv14

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone,

I am going to get a saltwater aquarium, and I am thinking about having a it of coral in it. Are there any colorful corals that have a beginner to moderate care level? Also, I don't want any corals that secrete poisonous mucus when threatened or anything like that ( not that I would pick fish that would harm them, of course). Thanks!

P.S. I am thinking of either getting a 150 gallon tank, or a 180 gallon.

Depending on the type of fish you plan to get in the future zoas are good however can secrete a slime when stressed but not that often they are very forgiving and easy to care for as well as all the softies ie mushrooms leathers xenia these are all reasonably cheap too.. a good clean up crew for a tank of that size id of course recomend a sump/fuge with skimmer ect good amount of live rock (cured) if possible but can be very expensive Maybe 50 50 with base rock or uncured live rock

some i have are zoas, mushroom, xenia, and green star polyps. I plan on getting an easy anemone or bubble coral, for my clownfish. Xenia are the coolest one that are easy to have IMO, so fun to watch them pulse and grow

i think ill get more polyps as well, i would like a bunch of different kinds

i try to avoid anything that will need extra feeding or spot feeding

Dont get a bubble for the clown as he she will beat te bubbles to peices trust me if you want a easy nem go for a maxi torch coral or frogspawn isnt too bad for clowns but nem is the way forward

If you want to avoid spot feeding stick to sps little more difficult for there needs of light and water quality but mostly filter feeders softies and leathers are the all round easiest

Back
Top Bottom