Community Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lightupthedarkness30

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Setting up a 50g community tank at my local senior center. Need some ideas on stocking, I'm looking for a variety of colors and maybe some cool schooling fish? The easier to take care of the better! You guys have been doing this way longer than I have, thanks for your help!

You could do:

8-10 carinal tetra or 8 cherry barb
* 3 pearl Gourami or 2 german blue rams
* 7 sterbai cories or panda cories
* a handful of red cherry shrimp
* 1 male 3-4 female guppies

Hope that helped a little , I'm sure you could add more of the schooling fish :)

Samzter said:
You could do:

8-10 carinal tetra or 8 cherry barb
* 3 pearl Gourami or 2 german blue rams
* 7 sterbai cories or panda cories
* a handful of red cherry shrimp
* 1 male 3-4 female guppies

Hope that helped a little , I'm sure you could add more of the schooling fish :)

Thanks! I'll do my reading on all of them

If you're looking for some smaller stock, there's fish called blue-eyes that are great! I was just about to reccomend them for a friend of mine. They need a decent school, though, which is the only thing. Here's a picture of two different types:

Spotted:
P_gertrudae_Weipa%20%20gs.jpg

Forktail:
images

Hope you have some good luck with finding the perfect stock to fit your needs! :)

Chiroptera said:
If you're looking for some smaller stock, there's fish called blue-eyes that are great! I was just about to reccomend them for a friend of mine. They need a decent school, though, which is the only thing. Here's a picture of two different types:

Spotted:

Forktail:

Hope you have some good luck with finding the perfect stock to fit your needs! :)

Thanks! Those look awesome! Where'd you get them at?

lightupthedarkness30 said:
Thanks! Those look awesome! Where'd you get them at?

There are a few pet stores that carry the fork tail, like my PetSmart does. You can get them online pretty cheap, though, unless you're not into that.

Back
Top Bottom