Confused by my PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mogurako

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it possible that a large piece of drift wood can take my 7.4 tap water all the way down to 6.0?! I've triple tested my tap waters PH as well as the PH in my temp "45 gal tank" that's keeping my filters going while I work my 90. I am very confused by this, the only thing I can think of is the previous owner used that neutral ph stuff and is somehow still in the filter media that came in the tank.

Mogurako said:
Is it possible that a large piece of drift wood can take my 7.4 tap water all the way down to 6.0?! I've triple tested my tap waters PH as well as the PH in my temp "45 gal tank" that's keeping my filters going while I work my 90. I am very confused by this, the only thing I can think of is the previous owner used that neutral ph stuff and is somehow still in the filter media that came in the tank.

You should try leaving a glass of tap water out overnight and test it. Often times things are added to municipal water to buffer it. Those things will gas out over time and show the waters actual pH.

I'll be ****ed after leaving the tap out over night the ph is 6.7. Looks like I'll have to buffer the water for my Africans.

Back
Top Bottom