Converting Fish-Only to Planted? HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's alright Stefernini. :)

I was a little busy this week and didn't have time to get on here. I didn't mean to freak everyone out. Lol. At least we all know now.

Anyways...about the WPG rule and T5HO bulbs. Well, it's complicated. Haha. I'd try and explain but I found something better.

Read this and you'll understand. (y) It's real test results using a PAR meter. It also explains all of the other variables that come into play. Reflector quality, Distance of light from substrate, etc.

Credit to "Hoppy" on plantedtank.net
PAR vs Distance, T5, T12, PC - New Chart

"Plant chlorophyll absorbs light at wavelengths of 400 to 700 nm. This is termed Photosynthetically Active Radiation (PAR)" -Huebert.

Simple explanation: the amount of usable "light" a plant receives that can be converted to energy? Someone correct me of I'm wrong. This stuff boggles my mind.

Side note: That's why 650nm Rosate bulbs are good for plant growth.

Thank you. If I am understanding everything correctly, than I think I'm still in the moderate range. My light doesn't look like it has that great of a reflector on it. :)

Thank you for your help!

Back
Top Bottom