Convict in the Corner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fresh808

Aquarium Advice Activist
Wish I could make this short:
Months ago one of my convict pairs laid eggs. There were about 50 frye that survived and I transferred them to the baby tank. Well, one tiger convict got left behind and I didn't notice till about 2 weeks later when I noticed this little guy darting out for food and quickly darting back into a tiny hole in the side of a pc of African root.
I decided to leave him in there since he was surviving and getting food, but every time he would dart out, the largest of the males was always there to try and have him for a snack.
When he was finally large enough to move about the tank without being afraid, the large males still attacked him and I ended up moving him to the baby tank after I donated the babies to the local petshop. He was always pale in color in the small tank and every time I try to introduce him back into the community tank of convicts, he goes faces the corner and is subjected to constant abuse by the other males and some females.
My wife feels that since he survived all that time as a frye and growing up that he belongs here (sniffle) so I am trying to make it work.
Maybe this is an option: I am thinking of using the 29 as a community tank once I am done building the stand for my 55 and putting one each, convict, fire mouth, jack Dempsey, small pictus cat or something like that, one green terror and so on.....
Input or suggestions of a better way, but I figure if I introduce younger cichlids of different types, he might fair better. My male convicts are little beasts. Especially one pink one with the lg hump on it's forehead.
Aloha,
Scott

I bet if you post this in the cichlid section, you would find more help. ;) I have zero experience with cichlids, so I am no help.

How do I move this to the cichlids forum? Or can a moderator or who runs AA do it for me?

A moderator can, or you can copy the post, and then paste it in the cichlid section. You would have two threads, but that's okay. ;)

Back
Top Bottom