Convicts Are Here! (PICS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KonvictKeeper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
FINALLY! I'm assuming you can tell which are which :)

I also have a FTS, bad quality though...

1st picture: Candid of female (Lucy)
2nd picture: Side shot of female
3rd picture: FTS
4th Picture: The big male! (Jack Daniels)

Yes! I'm just waiting to find some eggs one morning...

It shouldn't take long for them to start spawning. When I used to breed them, I'd load them up with blood worms and beefheart. Within a week they were cleaning out a cave and moving in. Within another week, I had eggs galore.

It usually took them about 3 weeks to get used to a new tank, but after that, the spawning was on quite frequently.

It shouldn't take long for them to start spawning. When I used to breed them, I'd load them up with blood worms and beefheart. Within a week they were cleaning out a cave and moving in. Within another week, I had eggs galore.

It usually took them about 3 weeks to get used to a new tank, but after that, the spawning was on quite frequently.

Cool! I just got them yesterday and the male has claimed the pot. He won't come out if I'm in the room though... But if I walk out for a couple of minute and walk back in, he's out swimming around with Lucy. They never really separate when he comes out.

Beautiful Convicts and thank you for the video :)

It should be perfectly fine!

Happy keeping :)

UPDATE!

Ok, either they are just settling in or they are breeding. So I had some gravel in one of my clay pots and they cleared it all out. Also they are spending a lot of time together in the pot.
The female's colors changed too. She is now very light and her oranges are very very vivid.

Thats a beautiful female. Mines only about 2 inches and has an orange blotch and green on its belly but not near tbis bright orange! Awesome

Back
Top Bottom