Cool Works Ice Probe Chiller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericbrookey

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anybody have experience with this unit?

CoolWorks Microchiller Hang-On Unit

I'm looking at it for my 20g planted freshwater tank. With the controller it's a bout $220 and the cheapest non-diy solution I can find. Needing to lower temps about 5-6 degrees on average during this so cal heatwave we are having and my ac is busted until landlord can figure out how she is going to pay to replace it. My fish and plants are not happy with me right now and I'm not too thrilled with the LL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Unfortunately my tanks are in different rooms. Put up blackout curtains which should help in the interim. Just looking for less expensive alternatives to swamp coolers.

Drat :) We had used these before getting wall mounted ones and did find them a little noisy as well.

Have you looked into DIY coolers or second hand? No other ideas unfortunately.

I saw a you tube video on a converted small fridge but that's a little bulky. With the black out curtains, taking off the glass lids and pointing a fan directly on the tank at full blast, evaporative cooling got me down to 79 from over 85 yesterday..which is ok for now and may last through this heat wave.

My Fire belly toads are still pushing 83 though so I'm trying a combo of lights off during the day and fans. Fingers crossed. LL is getting quotes to replace the ac unit.

Thanks for the help though!

Back
Top Bottom