Coral Aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

francis

Aquarium Advice Freak
I hear things like leathers can be toxic to other corals and aggression with tentacles stinging. But I always see reef tanks with the corals so close. I want to get things like leathers and other corals but how do other people keep their corals so close to each other without problems?

Currently I only have one small frogspawn coral

They research what can coexist. Some soft corals can be kept like a bouquet of flowers, most SPS corals can be kept close together if you are aware of the different corals and how long their sweeper tentacles are. Same with LPS. As far as the toxins they release (especially the softies) activated carbon and water exchanges are the only things that reduce those to manageable levels.

When placing a frag be aware of light and current requirements. Treat it like planting a tree with expectation that it is going to grow and fill in space. Some people drill their live rock and glue a plastic pin to the coral, so it can be moved if necessary.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom