Coral Bleauty with flukes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drm

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've been out of the loop/hobby for quite a few months recently... but now have re-established my tank and was just starting to stock it again. My coral beauty angel had what appeared to be marine velvet, but when I did a fresh water dip (per WWM recommendations), I saw a bunch of things come out of her that I think were flukes. They were about 3 mm long and oval in shape. I plan to give her another dip tomorrow, as I am sure they did not all come out. (I only dipped her for 2 minutes because I was nervous about FW dipping and she was looking a little stressed). I can't find very much information about flukes, though. She did spend a couple of days in the main tank due to a problem with the QT tank at first (my heater broke), so I wonder about risks to my black/white clown in the tank. Does anybody know about treating this pest?

I didn't update my tank information here yet, so I do not have any of the other fish/corals listed in the signature below. Only the coral beauty angel and the black/white perc clown. Sorry. Will go to do that now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom