Coral for clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ByzantineWV

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 2 clown fish what would be the best thing form them to hoist?

Don't put an anemone or coral in your rank specifically for your clown to host, because there's a decent liklyhood that they may not take to it at all. Put what you want in your tank, and they decide to host something if they want.

Occellaris clowns will host Long Tentacles Anemone. My clowns were so happy having to host one. They hosted it within minutes. Here's a pic:

Attachments

• image-2491305608.jpg
    image-2491305608.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 84
  • image-597805447.jpg
    image-597805447.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 98
  • image-2389164488.jpg
    image-2389164488.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 85
My clown was hosting a red bubble tip but once in my tank decided he liked hosting my ricordia mushroom more

ganiel said:
Occellaris clowns will host Long Tentacles Anemone. My clowns were so happy having to host one. They hosted it within minutes. Here's a pic:

What kind of anemone is that? Is it just called long tentacle anemone

Crispas will always invite a clown as they are more dependent on clowns then most others also carpets are a pretty good bet I have a green and a crispa the clarki loves them both and my ocsilris clown try's to host the crispa but gets kicked out all the time

My clown fish live in the cabbage coral and the green brain. They both got a bad deal living in my tank... no anemone, even though I would like to have one but I have too much coral.

We knew we didn't want an anemone in the tank when just getting started. So we went with Frogspawn, Hammer and a Toadstool. The clowns love both the Hammer and Toadstool. Great fun to watch.

- D

Back
Top Bottom