coral growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashiee2

Aquarium Advice Activist
does anyone have a secret to accelerate coral growth :)

Good lighting, stable levels of calcium, high alkalinity, and consistent temperatures along with keeping trates and phosphates as close to 0 as possible will give you the best growth possible :)

Good lighting, stable levels of calcium, high alkalinity, and consistent temperatures along with keeping trates and phosphates as close to 0 as possible will give you the best growth possible :)

+1 Stability is key.

Also feeding, however balancing feeding with a low nutrient tank can be tricky so feeding shouldnt be done often. Some corals will grow very rapidly while others grow slowly.

Schism said:
+1 Stability is key.

Also feeding, however balancing feeding with a low nutrient tank can be tricky so feeding shouldnt be done often. Some corals will grow very rapidly while others grow slowly.

++1 stabilty of calcium and alk sps will take off i keep my calcium at 420 and alk at 12 via calcium reactor sps love these consistant levels in my aquarium anyway

i just cheaked my dkh or ch or whatever you call it :) it was at 7 dkh so i put some stuff in an ill cheak tomorro or how long do you reakon to cheak it again lol i used a ph buffer it said it raises dkh aswell im not sure:)

ashiee2 said:
i just cheaked my dkh or ch or whatever you call it :) it was at 7 dkh so i put some stuff in an ill cheak tomorro or how long do you reakon to cheak it again lol i used a ph buffer it said it raises dkh aswell im not sure:)

Id check daily then dose after each try for same time each day also while dosing alk keep eye on calcium because dosing alk will lower calcium

danbstrong said:
Id check daily then dose after each try for same time each day also while dosing alk keep eye on calcium because dosing alk will lower calcium

Id also get something that raise dkh without affecting ph unless ph is low

ph is about the 8.1 mark so probly needs to be a bit higher . ill cheak again tonight and see how things are

Mix reef chili food from BRS and Cyclopes E. corals love it and mine have triple in size in the last three months.

ill look into that . iv herd of it but never seen it

i might get some of this website .. bulk reef suply . has anyone herd of it ,is it safe :)

ashiee2 said:
i might get some of this website .. bulk reef suply . has anyone herd of it ,is it safe :)

Imo its a safe sight i know a few people that order from them

ashiee2 said:

I hold BRS in the highest regard when it comes to pricing and service. They strive to make the customer happy and ive had nothing but great experiences dealing with them.

Schism said:
I hold BRS in the highest regard when it comes to pricing and service. They strive to make the customer happy and ive had nothing but great experiences dealing with them.

+1 90% of the reefers on here have probably ordered atleast one thing from them and I've yet to hear a complaint. They also have a video for pretty much every product they carry on YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom