Coral help and ID....is it a Chalice??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Weehawken64

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got a few new coral frags from my lfs. Thing is I had my wife go to the lfs for me because I had knee surgery. So I told her to surprise me with some frags knowing her knowledge is even less then mine lol. So she got my 2 frags and active worm. Can to all please id them for me and explain there best care like placement, flow and light. Especially the first little frag in the pictures. Thanks!!

image-3673674870.jpg

image-3466928274.jpg

image-3917460778.jpg

image-1026380150.jpg

Jeesh! Don't be so harsh on us, you only posted yesterday :lol:.

1: Enchinata: low-medium light & flow
2: clove polyps: same
3: pink coco worm: filter feeder, doesn't need light, medium flow

Coco worm is my fav. out of the 3. Choices aren't too bad :D

Hope you have a good recovery.

Jeesh! Don't be so harsh on us, you only posted yesterday :lol:.

Hope you have a good recovery.

Yeah, no doubt.

The coco worms are very hard to keep alive and most people don't have any luck with them. I would suggest getting either live or bottled phytoplankton to target feed the coco worm.

This forum is one of the most active I know. You have to be patients because we all have lives and cant stop just to reply. Were here to help. Please dont get mad because you did just post this on the 30th

Sorry folks its the medication. I was getting anxious because I want to give them the best care. Thanks for the help. These are my newest frags. I've been keeping a few other corals since my start up and they are doing great. The coco worms looks good. It's always out and I have it in a spot where it gets plenty of food flow from when I'm feeding the fish. The enchinata acan was looking better when I had it towards top of tank. I put it on the sand bed about 3 days ago and doesn't look as good as it did before I moved it down. The other coral in the pic is looking pretty bad right now and some pieces have come off. Thank you!

The cocoworm won't be eating regular food but instead filters more microscopic food from the water column such as phytoplankton and zooplankton.

Back
Top Bottom