Coral Life Sea Skimmer Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cafe Jeff

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi,
It's been a while since I have posted here and I suppose that's because my tanks have been doing relatively well. Alas, however, I saw a SeaClone 100 Sea Skimmer for a relatively good price and along home it came. After about a week trying to get it to work, it's going right back to where it came from. But the skimmer bug bit and today I purchased the Coral Life Super Skimmer 65 for my 20 gallon FOWLR inhabited by a dwarf lion, a damsel, a shrimp or two, and a hermit crab. Now I have read the Super Skimmer Manual thrice, but I really don't see how to adjust it once it's plugged in (the fact that it doesn't fit my canopy I am working on). According to the manual, I am to adjust the needle valve until the water level falls just under the red ring, but when I do, there are no bubbles whatsoever. When I open up the valve, the bubbles fly in but raise the water level to just below the collection cone. Then with the red adjuster, which I understand is for setting water level, I set that to just below the collection cone as per instructions. The manual also states that after 24 hours, I should run the needle valve wide open and only use the red dial to adjust the level, which seems to adjust bubble height and not level. What am I missing here? Any help welcome. Jeff
PS Thought it unnecessary to damn the SeaClone which I wasted a whole week trying to get to work.
PPS I also did some browsing in various faqs and on the Super Skimmer website, but no such luck as to what to do.
Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom