Coral placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 29 g Biocube, and I have stock lights. I want to know what corals I can place on my upper live rock. If I need better lighting, I can afford more lighting, but what lights can I add to the spots in the Coralife lid, without changing the light kit? I am not handy that way.
Thanks!

I kept some stunner chalice and montipora on the top of the rocks closest to the light and they did pretty darn well. :)

Upgrading a biocubes lighting isnt easy really, you can go open top and buy a fixture or make a hole in the lid and maybe put in a nano aqua illumination light. You would be looking at about $200-300 for an upgrade kit for it.

Thanks, Carey, I don't want to go lidless, as I have a curious cat and I like the lid, for keeping my fish inside-wrasse, and a fire fish.

ahh yeah, wrasses are known to be jumpers. lol

Well, unless you are looking into getting some SPS corals I think you should be fine with the lighting you have. You can also add some strips under the hood if you like. I am assuming you have a newer biocube which has open slots for I think 2 or 3 more strips.

Is this really a mushroom, do you think? Does it look right? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395702972.884565.jpg I rarely see it looking mushroom like. It has gotten larger since I moved it in the tank.

I do have the newer one, but what color or type lights do you add? Will it make more algae? Although since getting the two Emerald Crabs, less algae.

Yep, looks like a mushroom, to me. :)

I am not super good at names but thats a shroom. lol I had many shrooms do extremely well in my biocube, its like it was made for them. hehe

Yepper, you can make a mushroom garden if you like. Very colorful and cool if you do it right. ;-)

I dont usually remove any corals from the frags, they generally grow right over it and within a few months you cant see em anyways.
With mushrooms specially, they tend to come off their plugs and float around, which I hate. lol So if a shroom is on a plug well I would leave it be.

Back
Top Bottom