Coral Pooping?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizzle007

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm new to the coral game.

This is my first coral. Had it for about 4 days now.

Anyways, is it really pooping? What I going on?

image-2098409804.jpg

Since then he closed up like this

image-2584532232.jpg

And now looks normal

image-1220244527.jpg

That is a beautiful ultra green torch, kudos. It does appear that it was just expelling waste and looks pretty happy now.

I have and it's pretty common when they are added to a tank. Often it's the coral expelling its symbiotic algae but I don't believe that was the case here, if it was it was minor and looks to have bounced back well. My mushrooms did it when I added them and they all came back, as long as your coral is open it should be fine and regrow the algae lost if that was the case.

kdpuffer said:
I have and it's pretty common when they are added to a tank. Often it's the coral expelling its symbiotic algae but I don't believe that was the case here, if it was it was minor and looks to have bounced back well. My mushrooms did it when I added them and they all came back, as long as your coral is open it should be fine and regrow the algae lost if that was the case.

I read somewhere that if you light is better then the stores this happens.

I just hope everything goes well. I don't want to be a coral failure.

Well the fact that it is open and has its color is a very good sign it is happy and healthy. If it was dying it would loose its color and just turn to mush.

Back
Top Bottom