Coralife Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patty1980

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would this be considered "high light" for a 55g?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1448171237707.jpg
    1448171237707.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 65
I wouldn't say high light, but solid medium light. DIY co2 might work, but a pressurized system would be better because of the tank size

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok, so if I wanted to try something medium range and all I'm able to do is liquid Co2 what would you think I'd have most luck with?

I was thinking it would be in the medium range and started digging. I found a PAR graph for various fixtures in this link and the Coralife dual T5HO (red line) over a 55g appears to be at the upper end of low light or the low end of medium light (assuming PAR at low: 10-30; med: 30-80; high: 80+):
s4SknjC.png

A carbon source would be appreciated but not critical for success. Instead of Excel, Glutaraldehyde by the gallon is a cost effective alternative. AA member Rivercats maintained a high light heavily planted 220g for years using this instead of pressurized CO2.
The downside is the cost of annual bulb replacement. It will start to add up. Thus, the popularity of LED fixtures.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you SO much!!

This is my 55g with new fixture. Added some swords, a crypto, anubia, Java fern. Not remembering the name of the long grass plant if anyone knows. I'm planning on weekly iron and flourish dosing. Do I need leaf zone in addition to those two?

Attachments

• 1449651707562.jpg
    1449651707562.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 46
  • 1449651735918.jpg
    1449651735918.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 45
Leaf zone is potassium and iron, not sure doubling up iron is what you're looking for.

I used to dose Seachem Flourish Comprehensive and API Leaf Zone (1-2x week) and that seemed to cover the bases.
Can't tell if the plant with strap like leaves is a type of Val.
What's the plant in the center-right on top of the rock?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's an anubia but I forget the type. Great info thank you! Root tabs necessary for any of those?

Nice planted tank patty? Do i see blue light in there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If I don't kill the beautiful plants ;)Trying to get this tank ready for discus.....but don't tell anyone. I'm assuming it's because they're LED that gives it a blue tint?

What's led? Moonlights?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No moon lights on this one, no.

Back
Top Bottom