Corals not lookin good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dingodan

Aquarium Advice Activist
My MH bulb was due for replacement so i just bought a new 14k hexarc blue on tuesday. I was out of town for a few days came back and now my corals dont seem to open up except for the mushrooms but it still doesnt look as good as normal. Checked water parameters all perfect. What can i do?

It can take some time for them to adjust to the new lights. I would give it a couple more days and see if they open. You said you were gone for a few days, are your lights on timers?

rush said:
It can take some time for them to adjust to the new lights. I would give it a couple more days and see if they open. You said you were gone for a few days, are your lights on timers?

Yes mh are on a timer on 7 hours a day

depending on the age of the bulb the par might have changed a lot, so replacing to a brand new bulb shocked the corals so they wont open right away.

As said before I would wait a few days see if they open up because they could just be getting use to the new lights.

rush said:
Have they started opening up at all yet? Should be use to the lighting by now.

Saw my tank yesterday still no improvement

Back
Top Bottom