Corals turning clear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 150g mixed reef with a few softies and a few sps corals. I just noticed two corals losing color. Frogspawn is losing its green color on the side that faces the light. And my red brain looks like its getting clear patches on the top.. Is this from too much light? I run taotronics LEDs raised 10" above surface. Whites at 50% and blues at 80%. All params are normal.
Ph 8.2
Alk 7.. Currently raising that.
Calc 480
Mag 1400
Trates 0
Trites 0
Amm 0
P04 10. Been battling for a year...

Tank is 1 year old pics of frogspawn and brain.. The brain is hard to tell. But you can see a few patches ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389825115.135880.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389825138.391156.jpg

Top side of frogspawn is turning transparent. Bottom shaded side is still almost solid green

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389825619.264872.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389825639.132338.jpg
That's with no blues and whites cranked all the way up

Frogspawn looks ok to me. Is it loosing color or just becoming more transparent?

To me the top side is becoming transparent. And the brain. Along the top side of the folds is just losing its red. I have a baby leather in there to that is a really light color to compared to the brown it was before

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389879942.557499.jpg
This is a pic at 6 a.m this morning. You can see the difference in the heads that face the light. And the heads that don't . Anybody ever deal with this or any ideas on what to do?

They could be bleaching from too much light. Try turning the lights down a little and see how they do after a few weeks.

I did that last night. I'm going to put the par meter on there tonight.

Back
Top Bottom