cories and PFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aloe Vera

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Not sure if this is the right area for this post...

I have a 75 gallon aquarium that I would like to switch over to sand. ACE has a product, HTH pool filter sand (Aqua Quartz® 50lbs Pool Filter Sand (61308)) that I have heard good things about. One thing that hasn't been mentioned thought is whether it is to sharp for cory cats sensitive barbels and if it is okay to use with eartheaters. I am more worried about the cories as I am only tentatively planning on stocking the eartheaters and I currently have the cories. Alternatively I am looking at CaribSea's sunset gold sand but it is much more expensive.

Does anyone have experience with this sand and cories? I am hoping to breed my sterbai's so they really need to love it. Do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks,
Aloe

I dont know about pfs but I got sand from lowes for $6/50lbs and washed it thoughoghly and my corys ar digging in it and loving it. My understanding of pfs is that it is even finer so logic says go for it!

I moved my Cories from my 28 (with VERY fine SuperNaturals substrate) to my 75 with PFS that I bought at a pool supply store because They were losing their barbels.

The 4 of them are all in there with 7 spotted cories and the barbels are back yay!

So far so good for us.

Attachments

• image-2366265838.jpg
    image-2366265838.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 705
I dont know about pfs but I got sand from lowes for $6/50lbs and washed it thoughoghly and my corys ar digging in it and loving it. My understanding of pfs is that it is even finer so logic says go for it!

Exact same thing here. The cories are happy to go over all of it with fine-toothed barbells lol (y)

Back
Top Bottom