Corner tank filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vacuumlad

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428171638.620338.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428171655.444891.jpg

Hi I was wondering what would be a good addition to my fluval 204 canister filter. I'm using it on my corner tank that's 36 gallons and it just doesn't seem to be filtering it enough so I'm thinking about getting another filter. I don't have much room in the back of my tank to hang a hang on back filter or anything like that but I did find a internal filter at Petsmart for 30 bucks it's the fluval u3 but it seems pretty big and might take up a lot of space in my tank. Are there any other good internal filters or small hang a back filters that would be a good addition to this?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi vacuumlad:

A small air-driven sponge filter might be a good complement to your Fluval. You'd get some extra biofiltration (and some localized mechanical filtration) out of it, as well as a bit of additional aeration. They take up a bit of room in the tank, of course, but they're really quite effective, especially in a small tank.

-Yorg

View attachment 269209View attachment 269210

Hi I was wondering what would be a good addition to my fluval 204 canister filter. I'm using it on my corner tank that's 36 gallons and it just doesn't seem to be filtering it enough so I'm thinking about getting another filter. I don't have much room in the back of my tank to hang a hang on back filter or anything like that but I did find a internal filter at Petsmart for 30 bucks it's the fluval u3 but it seems pretty big and might take up a lot of space in my tank. Are there any other good internal filters or small hang a back filters that would be a good addition to this?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom