Cory cat top fins being ripped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slow-dagger

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know u can hardly see it but have 2 ghost shrimp 2 fancy guppies and a female Betta but shes friendly what's happening

Attachments

• image-4154469243.jpg
    image-4154469243.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 121
Is there any way you can up them?? They usually prefer at least four to feel comfortable. What size tank? And do the guppies nip?

hcourts said:
Is there any way you can up them?? They usually prefer at least four to feel comfortable. What size tank? And do the guppies nip?

It's a 10 gallon I just got the guppies today they never go to the bottom

Hummm I would try a few frequent water changes and see if that helps. Plus I would add one or two more.

Have you got sharp gravel or decorations? It could be the female betta, plus they need to have schools of 4+ in at least a 20g aquarium.

hcourts said:
Hummm I would try a few frequent water changes and see if that helps. Plus I would add one or two more.

I guess 1 more would help

Samzter said:
Have you got sharp gravel or decorations? It could be the female betta, plus they need to have schools of 4+ in at least a 20g aquarium.

Lol I'm just 15 I can't afford that besides they seem pretty active...my female never rly bothered them she prefers the middle part of the tank but she does mess with the ghost shrimp but rly doesn't do much

I have 1 albino cory cat and he's fine alone. I had him in my ten now in my 20. I wouldn't worry mine is as happy as can be and swims all over the tank. I never studied them like guppies but when that happened to my guppies I changed my decor around so that the competion is lowered and its everyones fair game. ( I got that from a thread on here). I'm 17 and I know how tough it can get but my advise is watch him and study all your fish. I hope I helped!

Back
Top Bottom