Cory Cats Fins disappearing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VictoriaC

Aquarium Advice Regular
I always go to same fish store and i got 1 cory a month ago, then 2 more corries 3 weeks ago ( one large with spots and another with spots and darker spots around eyes) and yesterday i got one panda cory ( first one is similar but does not have a spot around tail - only on his back)

so first one seemed healthy and it took me good 10 minutes to get him out of the bag. The other two where fine, except the larger cory had a tiny top fin ( i thought its just because he was a different kind) and sat on his tail little tilted to one side and looking around. Now when i went to get a panda - all of their panda cories had a funny small top fin and i was worried about getting one. But then we chose what i thought was the healthy one.

When i brought him home i noticed that the largest cory's top fin is alot longer than when i got him and is half black - so seems like he's growing it back.
But this new cory besides having funky looking top fin - shaped like inflated rubber glove - not triangle) - also has different shape tail. The tips of the tail appear to be missing...
So i am worried about getting all the new cories sick - if he is sick. Or could this just be from stress??? also their aquarium with corries has all bottom covered with them and some fish swimming arround - maybe even aggressive and all corries seemed to be stressed...

SO how can i tell if its bacterial or from stress or from nipping? They are all in my quarantine tank (10G) and i was going to transfer them into my new 45G.
I am worried that if i move 3 corries to a 45G - the new one will be too stressed to stay along. And if he is sick - he probably infected all the other ones.

Please Help!

Hi from what you are saying,it sounds like stress related? If the one you bought awhile ago is doing well and the fin is growing back then a spell in your quarantine tank should be sufficient to see all is well. Personally I would treat with a mild medicine like melafix just to be safe. Also well done on using a quarantine tank(y)

Back
Top Bottom