Cory trilineatus and sterbai mix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeml13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought 3 c.trilineatus yesterday, however 1 turns out to be c.sterbai with orange fins. Their characters seem quite different, is this because they don't get on or do I need to get another c.sterbai ?

You will need to get another Sterbai because he will not school with Trilineatus due to being different species. Also all cory need a group of at least 5+, depending on your tank size. You can return the Sterbai and increase the group size of Trilineatus.

I bought 3 c.trilineatus yesterday, however 1 turns out to be c.sterbai with orange fins. Their characters seem quite different, is this because they don't get on or do I need to get another c.sterbai ?

Check planet catfish for more info about specific types. If your tank is big you could always do two groups.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi jeml,
Different species of cory cats do have slightly different personalities IME. However, when a shoaling fish like cories are kept alone (meaning no others of the exact same species) they become stressed and shy. If you have the space, I would try to get five or more trilineatus.

I know Petsmart is now selling sterbai. I've chastised them a couple times now. When the get in fish orders they keep putting trilineatus in the sterbai tank by mistake. Plus of course they sell trilineatus as julii...but that's almost a given.

Sterbai are awesome but need a group and like warmer water than most Cories.

Trilineatus are bolder IME. But I'm hoping to end up with a nice large group of C sterbai.

And BTW sterbai sell for higher prices.

I'm hoping to have 8-10 C sterbai when I'm done. I'd like to breed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom