Corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daniel R

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just picked up two Cory's and I'm not entirely sure what they eat? Flakes? Wafers? Blood worms?

They should have a balanced diet that is meat based, but also includes plant matter. Sinking pellets work very well for them. They will eat algae wafers, but that shouldn't be their only food. They will also eat blood worms, fallen flakes, and blanched veggies. :)

What do Corydoras Eat?

I just picked up two Cory's and I'm not entirely sure what they eat? Flakes? Wafers? Blood worms?

Hello Dan...

Corydoras are bottom feeders and will eat whatever food makes it to the bottom of the tank. I feed Tetramin Crisps, shrimp pellets and different kinds of algae wafers. On rare occasions, I feed frozen brine shrimp and blood worms.

B

I feed mine omega one shrimp pellets probably once or twice a week and on the two nights a week I feed hikari spirulina wafers they eat those as well.

They also eat whatever else falls. I feed omega one tropical flakes 3 days a week to the entire tank and frozen/thawed bloodworm or brine shrimp 1-2 days a week.

also sometimes I go 1-3 days with no feeding, basically i just try to alternate lots of different types of food :)

I feed mine Hikari bottom feeder wafers and whatever fish flakes, blood worms, algea, etc. is on the bottom. I highly recommend the Hikari bottom feeder wafers. They have both plant matter and meaty stuff in them, perfect for cories, they love em.

Corys are definitely not picky eaters. I feed mine flakes, wafers and blood worms, that is when my mollies let them actually get to the bottom. You may want to pick up a few more corys, they are happiest when in groups of at least 4.

khartig said:
Corys are definitely not picky eaters. I feed mine flakes, wafers and blood worms, that is when my mollies let them actually get to the bottom. You may want to pick up a few more corys, they are happiest when in groups of at least 4.

Yeah I'm a little over stocked now but I bought another 20 gal and I'm going to out some fish into that and than get 3 more Cory's!

absolutangel04 said:
They should have a balanced diet that is meat based, but also includes plant matter. Sinking pellets work very well for them. They will eat algae wafers, but that shouldn't be their only food. They will also eat blood worms, fallen flakes, and blanched veggies. :)

What are blanched vegetables?

Back
Top Bottom