CPR AquaFuge HOT Refugium Dimension

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mp3z24

Aquarium Advice Freak
ive been looking at adding a CPR AquaFuge to my 55 in the hopes of boosting my pod population (yes to possibly get a mandarin). i know that the listed dimensions are 4.5 inches deep, but i need to know how far off the back of the tank this thing will actually sit (i have heard they are not exactly 4.5 inches). poor planning on my part has left me with only 4.75 inches between the glass and the wall, no im not planning on moving my tank further off the wall :roll:.

so if anyone has one of these, could you please measure the distance from the glass to the back of the fuge??? if it doesnt fit, i will probably make one on my own, with a few mods.

thanks,
~mike

two questions...
what is the thickness of the acrylic?
Is the part the goes over the tank edge a continuation of the refugium wall, or is it bonded to the refugium wall? (basically, does the weight bearing part have any glue joints?)

~mike

Brenden said:
Do you have room under your tank for a sump?
i have some room, and i plan on putting a custom sump down there, but i want to have a refugium that has a direct overflow to my main. my overall plan is to put in a sump, with a mag 7 or 9.5 and split the flow to two retuns in the main tank, and a third feed to the hang on refugium. with the hang-on refugium, i can set the outlet level to simply spill into my main tank.

like i said in my main message, i would like to get a mandarin, and i am trying to plan ahead before i make that purchase. i doubt the pods that would repoduce in a below tank sump/fuge would make it to the main alive after a trip through the return pump. this is still a couple months away, since i usually do projects pretty slowly, and my tank has only been up since about march.

~mike

Back
Top Bottom