CPR AquaFuge ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evenings

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im thinking of adding a HOB refugium to my 65 gallon tank. I was looking at this
aquafuge_ps_180.jpg

http://www.cpraquatic.com/products/aquafugeps.html

What I dont know is if this will actually be beneficial to my tank. its only 4.5 gallons.

I have the same thing on my 72G tank and I will tell you it's very beneficial. It is only about 4-5 gallons but you can put a bunch of chaeto in there and it becomes a pod farm too. I would really recommend it. The only problem I have with it is that I'd like to run the lights 24-7 or on the opposite timing of the main, but I can't do that because too much ambient like gets into the main. So the main and fuge are on the same light cycle.

So, my Nitrate has gone from 15ppm to 0ppm and I am growing pods like crazy for my mandarin. Go for it!

tripper

I agree. get a CF light for it, and put in some Chaeto, and you'll probably never have a detectable phosphate level again, and nitrates could be wiped out, or at least brought down to safe reef levels.

It only takes a fist-sized ball of chaeto too. that stuff grows like a weed!

tripper I dont know much about refugiums. I know I will need another maxi jet to pump the included protein skipper... does the water then just flow back into the tank or am I going to need another pump?

Evenings,

I just bought the same fuge today. The return just flows into the tank, so that your pods can easily swim into the display.

Depending what you want the fuge for - you would set it up in different ways. Light it for algae, keep it dim for pod growth (although pods DO like to multiply in algae). Either way, its a nice addition.

BTW - the 18/19 inch is 4 gallons. The 24 inch is 5 gallons.

- Skins

hi all I am going to get it but I am still deciding to put sand with/or refugium mud!!! any suggestion?

Back
Top Bottom