Crab escape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1415

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My fiddler crab went for a stroll last night and this morning I found him on the bathroom floor. I put him back in the tank as he was alive still but I would like to know why they do this and how I can prevent it. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My fiddler crab went for a stroll last night and this morning I found him on the bathroom floor. I put him back in the tank as he was alive still but I would like to know why they do this and how I can prevent it. Thanks

Why do any other creatures escape? Who knows..

A tight fitting lid will be good. Glass tops generally have a plastic backing you can cut out exactly to all your hoses and pipes.

Caleb

Why do any other creatures escape? Who knows..

A tight fitting lid will be good. Glass tops generally have a plastic backing you can cut out exactly to all your hoses and pipes.

Caleb

Good idea I forgot glass tops existed, I've been using the Marineland LED hood for the longest time.

Does he have access to air in the tank? Fiddler crabs need air to survive and will escape to get it if need be.

Back
Top Bottom