Crabs? Help ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The choice isn't in having a diverse tank or a sterile tank. It's about having a tank that's safe to the animals we care for. Life shouldn't be considered sacred just for the sake of diversity. We kill fish lice and ich to protect our fish, burn or poison aptasia to control an outbreak, dip corals, eradicate flatworms, etc. Nothing against diversity, it's one of the best things about a reef. But if something starts feeding on a coral it's important to protect it. Just like protecting the family dog from fleas or the house from termites.

Thank you all for your comments - I am pretty sure it was a xanthid crab. I put him back in the tank, not knowing what else to do with it and I had seen him have a go at my unsuspecting blenny a few times but alas the next night I got to witness my otherwise happy go lucky puffer in action mode tear him to pieces.
Still curious as to how many more there may be though!

Thank you all for your comments - I am pretty sure it was a xanthid crab. I put him back in the tank, not knowing what else to do with it and I had seen him have a go at my unsuspecting blenny a few times but alas the next night I got to witness my otherwise happy go lucky puffer in action mode tear him to pieces.
Still curious as to how many more there may be though!

Hopefully there's no more!! That was one creepy, scary looking crab! Lol. I SO hope I never find one of those. At least your problems taken care of-hopefully for good. :)

Back
Top Bottom