Crabs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
In looking to get a crab or two. This is for my friends Christmas present. I was wondering what I need and what is the best crab. So far...
10 gallon tank
Sand
Cave
Do I need a filter/heater/more caves?? And how bout red claw crab?

In looking to get a crab or two. This is for my friends Christmas present. I was wondering what I need and what is the best crab. So far...
10 gallon tank
Sand
Cave
Do I need a filter/heater/more caves?? And how bout red claw crab?

I had red clawed crabs they always get out of the tank....

My daughter has a 55 g. tank with a variety of fish, snail, shrimp and plants. Two weeks ago, her husband bought her 3 crabs. Today she called and is down to one. They crawled out. She tore the tank apart looking for them but as I said, only one. They were great in her tank and she has the normal parameters as we all have along with hearter and such. Good luck!!

You could try 1 crayfish?/blue lobster?

Those need 30+ gallons as they grow to 5 inches.

If you're looking for crabs you don't have too many options. Thai Micro Crabs are neat, and a few places sell them like bobstropicalplants.com and msjinkzd.com. However, on both of those places you'll have to wait until next year. They have stopped shipping until after the holiday season due to shipping slow-down.

Back
Top Bottom