Crawfish mother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I have this crawfish and it laid eggs they were fertile problem I'm having right now is I can't find them anywhere in the tank I'm worried where she put them did she maybe eat them...

They usually carry their eggs until they hatch, under their tail. If you aren't seeing baby crayfish or eggs under her tail it is likely she dropped them and ate them.

But why would she drop and eat them my uncle said she probably buried them

As mentioned earlier in the thread, if you aren't seeing any eggs, it's likely that she dropped them for some reason or they hatched and you missed it. You would probably see the babies though.

What species is your crawfish? Are you positive the eggs were fertilized? I wouldn't be surprised if they fell off because they weren't fertilized, but I'd like to know more about your situation. Water parameters? Any recent changes to the tank? Any other inhabitants in your tank?

And here's a better guide for general crawfish care: The Essential Guide to Keeping Crayfish as Pets : Crayfish

I don't know my parameters nothing new to the tank and they were fertilized and I'm not sure what species it is all I know is that it's red and I know they didn't hatch because she just laid them like a week or two ago and I read online it takes about a month or so for eggs to hatch you can see pictures of the eggs in a recent thread I started for information on it

Back
Top Bottom