Crayfish... food for thought.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish85

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anybody have any ideas on on what kind of live food if any I can feed my crayfish. And just in general what is a good food source. Pet store said algie tabs but I'm not sold he seems to enjoy them fine but I think he needs more.

fish85 said:
Anybody have any ideas on on what kind of live food if any I can feed my crayfish. And just in general what is a good food source. Pet store said algie tabs but I'm not sold he seems to enjoy them fine but I think he needs more.

What about bloodworms? Meaty! The feeders would make him more agressive..is he in a community tank? Or alone? If alone, maybe breed your own gippies for him? That way you know if tey are safe

What about bloodworms? Meaty! The feeders would make him more agressive..is he in a community tank? Or alone? If alone, maybe breed your own gippies for him? That way you know if tey are safe

first of all what are gippies and yes he is alone... blood worms sound cool

fish85 said:
first of all what are gippies and yes he is alone... blood worms sound cool

Oops!!! GUPPIES! Haha sorry!

I bet he will like bloodworms!

Guppies are to prity for hum to rip apart lol what about red cherry shrimp u think he would be able to catch em

fish85 said:
Guppies are to prity for hum to rip apart lol what about red cherry shrimp u think he would be able to catch em

Easily. Or, even cheaper, ghost shrimp

fish85 said:
Cool cause i plan on raising some rcs i here they reproduce like mad. Any thoughts on my cloudy water issue

Cloudy water? Do you have a thread on it?

What kind of crayfish? Just asking because not all crayfish are predators. I have some dwarf crays in my RCS tank and they could care less about the shrimp. I feed them frozen bloodworms, tubifex worms, and shrimp pellets and also feed my shrimp veggie sticks so the crayfish have that to eat if the choose. That's in addition to whatever they find in the tank that is growing like biofilm.

What kind of crayfish? Just asking because not all crayfish are predators. I have some dwarf crays in my RCS tank and they could care less about the shrimp. I feed them frozen bloodworms, tubifex worms, and shrimp pellets and also feed my shrimp veggie sticks so the crayfish have that to eat if the choose. That's in addition to whatever they find in the tank that is growing like biofilm.

I'm not shure but he was very agressave in the tank I plucked him from. A larger one decided to mess with him and he totally defended his honor lol and backed him into a corner even after the atacker retreated. I said "I WANT THAT ONE!!" lol. And he atacked a small feeder goldfish I put in there with him. I got him on impulse, while buying a new filter at a local pet land. I don't think he a dwarf

Mine loves bloodworms, stray fish flakes, algae wafers, and snails. She has done a number on my breeding population of ramshorns, haha. She is in a tank with guppies, but she has only taken down one, and for all I know he was dead already because I didn't see her take him down. Mine is pretty docile, though.

My blue ate 7 Neon's and one Dwarf Gourami before he got booted out of my tank.

You might not want to feed him live food it could make him even more agressive. Unless you dont care if he start killing everything. If you feed him pellets it might calm him down, so he can coexsist with others.

I have a crayfish, normal one. in a 10g. I feed it algae wafers. Loves them. There are ghost shrimp in the tank and it doesn't touch them. It's growing fast.

Don't feed live fish or shrimps. Your cray will have a hard time catching them. Feed live worms. It will be messy, but crayfish loves worms. Well all of my Crays love live worms.

Back
Top Bottom