Crazy Water Wisteria...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
My wisteria is rooting out of control...roots are all up and down stem AND have rooted themselves anywhere in my subtrate and boom another wisteria plant blooming there... I started with 1...clipped it had 2 and now I have several ...can I cut the roots that are growing on the sides ?

Yes you can. Oh, and welcome to the Wonderful World of Wisteria. I myself am so glad I sold the logging rights to that forest months ago. ;)

blert said:
Yes you can. Oh, and welcome to the Wonderful World of Wisteria. I myself am so glad I sold the logging rights to that forest months ago. ;)

Lol...this plant is monster it has taken over a nice size area that I didn't plan on it taking over....wow....I'm a newbie in training ...learning plants is a job....ty for the reply

I've kept water sprite instead of wisteria and it does the same thing. I finally got so tired of it trying to do a tank take over I got rid of it.

Rivercats said:
I've kept water sprite instead of wisteria and it does the same thing. I finally got so tired of it trying to do a tank take over I got rid of it.

Although I like the sprite as of now....the experience with the wisteria is ferocious .. I didnt know they grew like this...only knowledge and experience I have had is with an hanging pot Ivy house plant ...also I had added a clipping to my 5g less than 2 weeks it was almost to water surface and being a light hog.....cut all the way down today... wow I am amazed how this plant grows

Back
Top Bottom