Creating Columbian/Venezuelan Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kriben

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After thinking about and planning a 40 breeder to breed kribs, I decided that I wan't to go back to breeding rams again. I stopped trying to breed the rams because they were bad parents that always ate the babies after they hatched. I then read an article from an Aquarium Fish International magezine that was sent out as the July edition. It talked about how to prevent egg/fry eating angels and discus. I thought about it and said that the same logic(Mimic the natural environment of the fish as much as you can. Angels and discus are pancake shaped for swimming through roots and heavy vegitation.) to rams. My goal is to create a Columbian/Venezuelan planted tank. Now I need help choosing the appropriate tank mates and plants. What kinds of peaceful fish are located in those areas? And what kind of plants are found in the region?

I know tetras come from the area, just not sure what kinds. Do hatchet fish come from the same region as rams? As far as plants go, all I got is amazon swords, not sure on anything else though.

Cardinal tetras are native to discus waters. Rummy nose tetras and sterbai corys also can handle the heat that discus need.

Back
Top Bottom