creepy crawlies?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackal91401

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all, i am fairly new to saltwater...i have a 30g tank with approx 25lbs of live rock went through the whole cycling process ( with much help from this site, thank you) and eventually went on to get 4 hermits and 2 clowns to start. One clown is a little fussy with the dried food and doesnt eat much of it, so i give them frozen brine shrimp sometimes as a treat (recommended by my local pet store). My question is i was just about to clean the inside of my tank and i noticed little white things on the inside of the glass. The closer i looked i noticed some of them moving, these are tiny and white and almost look like worms or something, i was wondering if it may have anything to do with the brine shrimp ....or even worse something wrong with my tank. Everything else seems normal. Please help! The clowns and the hermits have been in the tank for about 5 weeks and all the levels are normal???

Last edited:
Welcome to AA!

Sounds like pods or something to me, I wouldn't be concerned just yet. Check this site and see if you can identify them, however
Xtalreef

Also, as an FYI, brine shrimp aren't very nutritious. Consider using mysis instead.

I went through this site and found a few letters similar to mine and thought the same as what both of you guys suggested so i vacuumed the tank and did a pwc. Other suggestions were to cut back the food? I will do that also and try to find a food they both like! Yeah they look like tiny 1/8" or a little bigger worms, white. Thank you for your help!!

Back
Top Bottom