Crystal Red Shrimps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shrimp fan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Got a question about these little guys. Do they breed the same as Cherry Shrimps? I know that they are harder to sex due to the colouration on their backs. Any advice would be great as I am thinking of ordering them.

I have red cherry shrimp and they breed like mad. All I do is feed them every few days, change the water every other week and pretty much let them do their own thing. Twice a month I sprinkle a bit of powdered cuttle bone into the tank for the calcium. It's good for when they molt, helps the new "shell" harden faster.

Yeah mine were the same bred like crazy! Just wondering if the CRS are the same? I never knew about the cuttle fish bone I will try and pick one up next time i am at the shop. Our water is very soft here. Thanks for the tip.

CRS are different than RCS. I've never had CRS, so I can't comment specifically, but I get the impression they're much more sensitive to water parameters and a bit trickier to get the successfully reproduce.

they breed the same just at a slower rate. the so called higher grades are more sensitive since they tend to be weaker.

Back
Top Bottom