csm+b kills all shrimps and snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrice

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Am y they only one who can't use this product in my aquarium. How the hell do i add micro to my plants if it kills my shrimps.

I have been using it for a month and all of my snails are fine. I have pond, ramshorn, and assassin snails and all are breeding in my tanks. I don't know anything about use with shrimp. How are you dosing? Are you using them dry or with RO/DI water? What is your tank size and what dose did you use?

CSM+B is a micro solution, not a macro solution. I've used it for years at higher doses and it does not affect shrimp. You need to check your ph, gh, and kh to see what they are and also research the type of shrimp you keep as many shrimp have certain water parameters they need. Unless your grossly over dosing CSM+B then that is not what's killing your shrimp.

Maybe a bad batch, high in copper. Or batch to old. I don't over dose.

Just created a new batch and added fungus prevention by adding excel, even if I did not see any sign of deterioration in my 3 month old bottle.

Maybe a bad batch, high in copper. Or batch to old. I don't over dose.

Just created a new batch and added fungus prevention by adding excel, even if I did not see any sign of deterioration in my 3 month old bottle.

How much are you dosing of it and how often? What is your water change schedule? What other chemicals are you adding to your tank? What type of shrimp and snails died?

I agree that the CSM+B isn't killing your shrimp. It's used by nearly every hard core planted tank person out there most of whom also have shrimp.

No chemical.
Most small shrimps I tried. Snail where ramshorn. I got the perfect pest control for ramshorn, haha I could make a fortune.
All i can see, i am high in sulphate. From Epson salt and potassium sulphate.

Iron is always below .2ppm
But I get it, its not the cause. But its related. I just don't know why.

Back
Top Bottom