Current USA Satellite LED plus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BL1ND1ND3X

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone,
I just had a quick question, I'm planning on buying myself a Current USA Satellite LED Plus for Christmas.
I have read many posts regarding this LED and it's ability to grow plants, but was wondering where my lighting levels would be in a 25.5 inch tall tank.
Is that too tall for this light for any plants?
Thank you for your help!

Following because I have read a lot of good reviews for this fixture. Can't answer your question though. Would not be surprised if someone suggested TWO fixtures for that depth. It might depend on your objective (low, med, high light tank).

I have one on a 16" tall tank and it grows every medium light plant I put in there very well. So maybe it would grow low light plants for your tank. That's all speculation, but I am very happy with mine.

I have one on a 16" tall tank and it grows every medium light plant I put in there very well. So maybe it would grow low light plants for your tank. That's all speculation, but I am very happy with mine.

Ok thanks that gives me some hope.
And I am perfectly fine with low light plants.
I am probably just going to do Anubias and java fern and and different mosses.

Oh. Well then you will be fine. You can basically grow anubias with candlelight lol.

Ok thanks that gives me some hope.
And I am perfectly fine with low light plants.
I am probably just going to do Anubias and java fern and and different mosses.

Don't forget about crypts. A good variety to choose from. Most are low light tolerant. There are some taller varieties that would do fine in your tank. One that I would not recommend would be crypt parva; IMO prefers somewhat stronger light and is a slow grower.

Don't forget about crypts. A good variety to choose from. Most are low light tolerant. There are some taller varieties that would do fine in your tank. One that I would not recommend would be crypt parva; IMO prefers somewhat stronger light and is a slow grower.

I don't think I can do rooted plants since I only have 1 inch of sand?

I don't think I can do rooted plants since I only have 1 inch of sand?

Good question. IMO if roots cannot spread downward then they would spread laterally. Which may help hold the plants down since we are talking 1" of sand versus 2-3" of gravel or other heavier substrate. I once had a banana plant in about an inch of sand and it sent out roots about 7-8" away from the main plant.

Good question. IMO if roots cannot spread downward then they would spread laterally. Which may help hold the plants down since we are talking 1" of sand versus 2-3" of gravel or other heavier substrate. I once had a banana plant in about an inch of sand and it sent out roots about 7-8" away from the main plant.

So it would be ok then?

So it would be ok then?

I would say yes. You could start with crypt wendtii (either green, red or bronze) or crypt ubdulata. I have seen both at Petsmart in those gel packs (they call them tissue culture plants). Wendtii is on the shorter side (2-3" low light 6-8" higher light; undulata much taller).

I would say yes. You could start with crypt wendtii (either green, red or bronze) or crypt ubdulata. I have seen both at Petsmart in those gel packs (they call them tissue culture plants). Wendtii is on the shorter side (2-3" low light 6-8" higher light; undulata much taller).

Ok thanks I'll check it out!

Hello everyone,
I just had a quick question, I'm planning on buying myself a Current USA Satellite LED Plus for Christmas.
I have read many posts regarding this LED and it's ability to grow plants, but was wondering where my lighting levels would be in a 25.5 inch tall tank.
Is that too tall for this light for any plants?
Thank you for your help!
I spoke with Brian_Nano12g about this light. I have a 20" tall and he said I would barely get medium light. He has a thread on this light. They are releasing a stronger version of this light around January, so it might be worth holding off. You could get the newer light and use the dimmer feature. It will give the option of going medium light in the future. I believe it might also have a built in timer....

I spoke with Brian_Nano12g about this light. I have a 20" tall and he said I would barely get medium light. He has a thread on this light. They are releasing a stronger version of this light around January, so it might be worth holding off. You could get the newer light and use the dimmer feature. It will give the option of going medium light in the future. I believe it might also have a built in timer....

I heard about that but I'm just curious on how much of a price jump it will be.
Do you know?

I heard about that but I'm just curious on how much of a price jump it will be.
Do you know?
No. They haven't released much info about it yet. You could try contacting Brian. He knows more about it. He thinks it shouldn't be too much more....

No. They haven't released much info about it yet. You could try contacting Brian. He knows more about it. He thinks it shouldn't be too much more....

Ok
I'll probably wait and see then.
I'll read that forum about the light.
Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom