Cycle Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David03

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am interested in preserving as much of the life and hitchikers on my future purchase of LR as possible. So I was wondering if it would be helpful to:

Begin cycle with my LS, base rock, some LR rubble for the sump (from LFS), and a Safeway shrimp; then when the cycle is done, and my parameters are somewhat stablized, add the LR from LR.com.

I was hoping that if I do this, the second ammonia spike would not be as severe, and that more life would make it.

If not, ,just let me know, and I'll just dump everything in at once and let aquatic Darwinism take ahold. :D

As usual, thanks!
David

That's what I am doing. My cycle just ended and I am expecting lr to arrive on Wensday. This way as many of the hitchhikers will survive as possible. But a lot of people put lr in at the beginning of the cycle and still have a lot of hitchhikers survive, and it makes your cycle finish faster.

Thanks for your input Morticus,

I will take your answer and the lack of objection from the rest of the forum as implicit approval of our plan! (y)

David

Back
Top Bottom