Cycling question. Just curious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pawtrekker

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm just curious, In the past, I have put gravel from an established tank in a cycling tank to help get the BB started out but I was wondering, Would putting an old filter cartridge from an established tank plus gravel from said established tank help the cycling process more? I'm not currently cycling any tanks. I'd just lake to know for future reference. :)

:bb: Thanks! : bb:

I have seeded my tanks that way. I have AC filters in all my tanks so its more easy to do. You could think of it as transferring an established filter from one tank to another.

Okay, thanks! I've just never heard of putting an established filter in a cycling tank before! I'll do that next time I cycle a tank. :)

It's entirely possible to completely skip the whole cycling process if you have a well matured filter pad to put in the new tank

I've moved seven times since I've been keeping fish, had to change and upgraded tanks even more times and I've never cycled a tank since the first one.

It actually drives me a little nuts when I see people with established tanks struggling with cycling a new tank, I'm just like, 'move some of that crap to the new one!' It seems like a lot of unnecessary pain and hassle.

I've moved seven times since I've been keeping fish, had to change and upgraded tanks even more times and I've never cycled a tank since the first one.

It actually drives me a little nuts when I see people with established tanks struggling with cycling a new tank, I'm just like, 'move some of that crap to the new one!' It seems like a lot of unnecessary pain and hassle.

Well, now I know better! :)

Back
Top Bottom