Dalmation Mollie fry...!??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rachell

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 3 Dalmatian mollie fry that are about 6 weeks old. It doesn't seem like they've grown much since they were born. Just wondering how fast they are supposed to grow, and how long I should wait to move them from the breeder net into the big tank? I have one male Dalmatian mollie in the big tank. 10g tank.

I have 3 Dalmatian mollie fry that are about 6 weeks old. It doesn't seem like they've grown much since they were born. Just wondering how fast they are supposed to grow, and how long I should wait to move them from the breeder net into the big tank? I have one male Dalmatian mollie in the big tank. 10g tank.

From my personal experience with platy fry, the do not grow well in a breeder net. Mine were super tiny at two months old. Once I was able to get them in a fry tank, their growth exploded! They almost tripled in size in two weeks. Since I moved them to the fry tank, they have continued to grow rapidly! You can put them in with their parents when they are too big to fit in the largest mouth in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom