Danio carrying Eggs or No

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calypso77

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We have had our Danios a few months now and I don't recall her ever not being big. Not sure if she is carrying eggs or what. I feed them once a day and she is healthy and feisty as ever so I don't think she is sick or anything. Thanks for your help.

image-547395422.jpg

The picture is hard to tell from but maybe danios will lay the eggs in mid water and the eggs then sink to the bottom of the tank if your tank doesn't have marbles or a screen set up for the eggs they will most likely just get eaten up. But it looks like she has a little belly but she does look like she has a big bent spine...
Better picture maybe

Yeah that curve just started this week when her belly got a little bigger. I know it is rare for the eggs to not get eaten and that doesn't bother me one bit. Just wasn't sure why she has been big for months now but acts completely healthy. I will see what I can do about getting a better picture. Danios are not easy at all to take pictures of, they just turn out like a flash on the screen, I was shocked that one was half decent.

Try taking a video and do a screen shot... And they aren't very demorphic ( something like that) so there isn't a clear easy way to tell but the females will tend to have a bigger belly area to store the eggs and I think females are bigger...

Ok that helps cause I have 2 one is substantially bigger than the other and I got them at the same time, so maybe the big one is a female and the other is male, once they start laying eggs how often do they lay?

Katherine1119 said:
Ok that helps cause I have 2 one is substantially bigger than the other and I got them at the same time, so maybe the big one is a female and the other is male, once they start laying eggs how often do they lay?

The one might just be more dominate then the other but you should start a thread on it...

I see lol... Well then I know you can change setting on certain cameras that will make them sharpen the image and such. But I am sorry I do not know if she is carrying or not. And I don't want to say because I don't want to be wrong... I am sorry I'm sure someone will chime in soon

Back
Top Bottom